Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gratitude or Platitudes, What's for dinner this Thanksgiving?

plat•i•tude – noun / 1. A flat, dull, or trite remark, esp. one uttered as if it were fresh or profound.


My turkey roaster has surely been one of the best things I ever purchased. It allows my plump bird to roast and simmer in an out of the way place and it still fills my home with the smell of herbs and butter and the promise of silky gravy. I AM grateful for that, nothing trite about it.

But, I am not without guile. I have other things on my mind, namely that Thanksgiving has come too soon and requires energy I once again find in short supply.

Because this is an American holiday, unifying faiths and backgrounds, it seems only natural that we would discard our feelings of un-fairness, and let the rolls rise, the cranberries pop and the yams, well yam, in peace. Instead I feel the tug of another holiday season bearing down on me. Maybe you do as well.

If you're finding that your gratitudes are turning into platitudes, maybe you need some girl time with Networking, Women and Wine to help you refuel and retool before the 25th and the barrage of family and food.

Hope top see you November 10th at D'vine Wine for Thanksgiving Wines, Authentic Connections and 5 tips to help you create a WOW table for less!

No comments:

Post a Comment